We are currently looking for a Senior Heavy Civil Estimator with experience estimating highway, county and city projects. This person will be heavy involved in our alternative delivery as well as hard bid estimating efforts in California and Colorado.
This person will report to our Chief Estimator and will coordinate our Colorado Area Manager on which projects to pursue. The ideal candidate would have experience estimating roadway, underground, precast bridges and other concrete structures. Our estimating team is able to teach or supplement in areas where a candidate is not as experienced. We are looking for a person that knows DOT specs, is capable of thinking outside the box, understands multi staged construction projects, is detailed oriented with experience in heavy civil construction. This person should have relationships with local subcontractors and material suppliers.
* Provide full estimating services on large, complex heavy civil construction projects.
* Preparation of project estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary.
* Site visits and investigations.
* Conducting constructability studies.
* Researching of services for methods, costs and construction techniques.
* 7 plus years construction experience with at least 5 years of estimating
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
* Work independently as well as part of a team.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
* Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Undergraduate degree
* Experience with HCSS/Heavy Bid
* Experience with Alternative Delivery Project such as Design-Build, CMGC, CMAR
Apply Here: https://myers-sons.com/join-us
Myers and Sons Construction, is a Heavy Civil Construction Company. The specializes in, Bridge Construction, Bridge Restoration, Roadway Rehabilitation, Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants, Concrete Bridge Overlays, Concrete Paving and Alternative Delivery Projects, including Design Build, CMGC, CMAR and Progressive Design Build throughout Colorado and California. For more information on our company please visit www.myers-sons.com
Myers & Sons Construction is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status